Holy £$%^ it is so cold. I think at one point today my face actually froze, it was so cold I could not move it. Crazy feeling. I spent most of today viewing flats in London. I lost the feeling in my toes about halfway through the day and am just know regaining feeling. Yikes! No great news on flats, but things are looking up. The good news is flats in London are much nicer than houses and flats out here. The bad news is the streets are unpredictable. YOu can have a bad street in a good area and a good street in a bad area. So the search continues.
The temperature gage in my car said -1.5 when I was driving Tom and his friend John to Berkhamstead so they could get drunk to fight off the cold. No wonder everyone drinks here it is the only way to stay warm or just stay numb to the pain. Seriously I have never been this cold. While waiting for an estate agent I had a vision of me falling to the floor into the fetal position and freezing there to the cement with little icicles hanging from my nose and eyelashes. I almost started screaming when I was walking back to the station. I would never survive the arctic. BUUURRRRR!
Thursday, February 02, 2006
It is frickin' freezing!
Posted by Mizzie at 10:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah, the cold memories of seeing your breath in England... inside the house! Yeah, the outside was brutal as well.
It's a funny cold over there. As an ugly American living in London I made sure I had plenty of parafin (sp) (kerosene I think) to keep the portable heater going.
Mizzie where are you? We miss you...
Write soon..
Big love from Em & co
Post a Comment