Sept. 28th
Arrived at Nice airport and drove for about 2 hours to find our hotel because Ian is a typical man and hates asking for directions. In the end we found it without much drama and finding it on our own did feel like a mini accomplishment.
After settling into our amazingling lush Boutique Hotel - Hotel Juana - we ventured out into the little seaside town of Juan les Pins for dinner and a bottle of wine.

Sept. 29th
Most of the day was spent on the private beach, Les Pirates, associated with the hotel basking in the the french Riviera Rays and reading our books of the trip - Blink and Bono on Bono. It doesn't get much better than laying on a padding lounge chair, 10 feet from the sea, feeling the warmth of the sun soaking into your skin, and reading an amazing book.
For Dinner we finally, after much deliberation, decided to eat at a vibey little place on the beach - literally the tables were on the beach - staffed by some funky locals rushing about bare feet serving a selection of asian and french food. We had Asian and a bottle of white wine.
Sept. 30th
Drove to Old Antibes to check out a Provençal Market. The hustle and bustle of a half local half tourist market is very exciting, Mom you would have loved it! The goods on sale tempted me but I managed to escape with just a small bag of Olives. The Picasso museum is in Antibes but unfortunately has strange hours so we missed our chance of going, but the town itself was a little like a museum. So quaint and the few of the sea once again breathtaking. That night we thought we were going to a fabulous club/restaraunt in cannes called Baoli that hosted the Star Wars party at the film festival, but when we finally found it - i guess part of the appeal is that it is hidden in a port- they were having a private party for L'Oreal. Feeling very disappointed and irritated with the concierge from our hotel who had said he would call and get us a table, we headed back to Juan les Pins and found a jewel of a restaurant by the name of Le Paradis and ended up having a wonderful night.
Oct. 1
Our waiter the night before had told us about a little village we needed to visit that Bono owned a house in so we decided we would do that today. But Ian was not listening when he explained it and although his English was good he spoke quickly and I did not totally get the name. I looked online and using my detective skill - which turns out are not very good - thought i found the place, Corros Village, a medieval village perched on the top of a hill with an amazing view. All the things we were told about Bono's village. it was all those things, and turns out better than Bono's village in the sense that it was not a tourist attraction. We were probably the only non locals there. So quiet, so quaint. I am pleased we found the place. After our day out we again went to the beach and that night did make it to Baoli which is the coolest restaurant i have ever been to. 

Oct. 2
Eze - Village the place where the rich and famous own fantastic homes. Probably one of if not the most spectacular view I have ever laid eyes on.
That was the highlight of the day. the rest of the day was spent on the beach and dinner was a cute little restaurant near our hotel.
Oct. 3
Last day. A trip to Monaco and Monte Carlo, not that exciting but something worth seeing. Gray skies and cool breeze kept us off the beach. we made on more trip to Eze-Village for lunch to eat the most amazing savory crepes. Yummy!
After and evening stroll along the beach we went back to our little restaurant near the hotel with the nicest staff. I so did not want to leave so I savored the last moments of my trip to the French Riviera. That night it stormed all night so leaving was little easier.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
If we took a Holiday...Oh yeah..Oh yeah..Took some time to celebrate......
Posted by Mizzie at 1:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What I can't tell from this post is if you are still there or back home.
While I'm struggling to get the pool cover on for the winter, you guys are sunning yourselves in the south of France.
Sometimes, life just isn't fair.
Hope you are having (had) a wonderful time. Looking forward to more photos.
Wow Mizzie! Looks like you two took a holiday in paradise. Did you bump elbows with any celebrities? How were the Mojhitos there? I can't wait to hear every detail.
Hey, Missy, your picture of the cross and mountains on here is first rate--it reminds me of some Georgia O'Keefe painting I once saw in Chicago. Would you email it to me?
Ok--I feel like I just had a vacation myself by living vicariously through your post while I sit here in my college computer lab--rad--I hope you thought about me while you were in Heaven--Im so glad you and Ian got to get away--thanks for sharing! Love--Steph
Post a Comment