Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Conkers......a little bit bonkers.






Last Saturday was Ian's Mom's (Rosemarie) Birthday. Julian and Marie hosted it at their new house in Chalfont St. Jiles. The soirée was attended by Ga and Jack (Ian's grandparents), Me and Ian, and obviously Julian, Marie, Rebecca, and Ella. The sun shined brightly and like a cold-blooded reptile I soaked up the rays. Rebecca and I were introduced to an ancient school boy game called Conkers. To play this game you have to find a conker tree, knock down the conkers, put a small hole through them, and then thread them on some thick string. Then you hit the conkers together till one breaks and if yours doesn't break you are the winner. (If you want to know more click on the link above.) A very fun game, but watch out for your fingers they can get hit accidentally and it really hurts. Ouch!
The best part of the game was when Ian, who had won three games, played Julian and knocked Julians what was going to be a winning conker out of his hand and in good old fashioned school boy fun yelled "stampseeees" and stamped Julians poor helpless conker to bits. At this Julian's faced dropped and he looked like a child who had just found out that Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy were not real all at the same time. He was devastated at the loss. Hilarious! We had a great day that ended with a nice meal at home and a crap movie. The Wedding Date. I know, I know why would I waste my time but I thought it might be light hearted and charming well it just plain sucked. Two thumbs down.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com