Monday, November 07, 2005

Guy Fawkes

Saturday night was Guy Fawkes night or Bonfire Night in the UK. Typically there are huge bonfires and Fireworks. Since my boys were away in sunny california lapping up the sunshine I had no one to go out with. Poor me. Don't feel sorry for me yet, because I was invited out by an old acquaintance named Jaci that has moved to London from Nashville. I new her from Raze days and hung out with her a few times in Nashville. We reconnected over My Space and had a fabulous time Sat night. We met for drinks at a cafe on the Thames with some people she new and then watched the amazing and very loud fireworks while we belted out our favorite American songs like The Stars Spangled Banner and You're a Grand 'Ole Flag. It is a good thing Ian wasn't there as you can imagine he hates it when I do that. When I see fireworks it just isn't right with out the right Anthems.

Mom and Ron are here for the week. My Mom is such a paradox that she is English, but has lived in the States so long she seems American and keeps talking about England like she doesn't know it. It is kinda weird, but fun. So the rest of the week wil be spent hosting the Rents around town. So Happy Halloween and Happy Guy Fawkes Day.

4 comments:

Studio ONE said...

Ummm...You are on MySpace? We need to hook up on there.

Dave said...

Hey Missie,

Dave B Here, just saying hey.
I also have a blog, www.gingerfilms.blogspot.com I only really put videos on it, but check it out, i think your hubby might even appear on the latest one!

Emma Borlase said...

I think your mum is fantastic - it was so great to meet her. She seems really chilled, very warm - and very good at pilates! Now I can see some of where you come from...

t said...

I need to update again!!! That is all I have to say apart from...... my apartment smells of rich mahgony. I also have many leater bound books! People know me!!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com