Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I am going crazy!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Seriously, I am so annoyed and feeling sick to my stomach and have been for a few days now. As you can see I have not been online recently and the reason is a booting up problem. Well that is what I was told. So I trustingly (probably not a word) sent my little baby and life line away to Applecare naively thinking they would take care of her. What a dummy I am. On Monday she returned just a shadow of her former self. All my info, pictures, emails, music and all my software had been erased. The shock and horror flooded my veins slowly as I desperately tried to find something familiar. UUGH. This horrible feeling was followed by quite a few cuss words. The real bad ones. I couldn't help it they came out like vomit.

It has been a few days and the horror has lessened and the cussing vomit has slowed down but the frustration is building. I managed to get apple to send me some software and the music store refunded my purchased music but the time and effort it takes to load everything back on is pissing me off. I want to be writing my book and I am haveing to wait for iwork to arrive and then i have to load it and then i have to figure it out since I am used to using word. Crap.

I am trying to get my emails to download into the apple mail app but it won't work so I am having to check my emails, three email accounts, online. How archaic. I know I should not be this upset so I am keeping my public display of annoyance to a minimum. For example I went to the salon the other day to get my hair done- something I have just realized I will be doing every 5 weeks for the rest of my life-and was there for about 3 or 4 hours. In that time I did not mention my computer drama once. I focused on more positive things like Christmas and going home. I think God was testing my patience that day. For some reason other than my lack of natural cushion my bum starts really hurting after sitting in the chair for more than an hour. When it came time to blow dry my hair, the time I am usually ready to run out of the salon screaming from boredom and a sore ass, I was sent to an intern to do the job. Now I have no problems with people learning but when it comes at my expense I guess i do. I think I could have walked home in the time he took to meticulously dry, shape, and style my hair. I am telling you I almost ripped the dryer out of his hand, pointed in his face to distract him and made a run for it. But fortunately i resigned to making subtle faces that said I am ready to go, please stop, I am just going to go home and wash it anyway. I guess he received my messages because he soon stopped and I was released form my stone chair and hot air prison. Hallelujah!

Other than that I am good. Ian has just returned from a grueling tour in South Africa only to leave again on Friday. No worries though. I have to finish my Christmas shopping and when I say finish i mean start. Trying to think of helpful, ethical gifts is doing my head in. As soon as i get my iphoto set up again I will post photo's from Thanksgiving and my B-day.

back to the beast that used to be my favorite thing.

5 comments:

Studio ONE said...

Oh Mizz! I am SO sorry they erased everything. I would die! Let my know if there is anything that I can do. I will have to hook you up with some serious amounts of music when you get here.
And I will give you all my pictures as well.

Emma Borlase said...

We've missed you.. and this is much, much worse than I thought...

Hope that you can just let yourself move through the grief at whatever pace you need to. You can't rush these things.

Good to have you back - and thanks for starting me off in the world of blogging.

Much love,
Em

Anonymous said...

Soryy you had such a terrible time. But it sounds like you made it thru well mostly thru I guess you still have things to sort out. I am looking foward to you being here. Seee you soon love mom

Elvis Ripley said...

How much wheat grass have you been consuming? It sounds like you haven't been getting enough chlorophyll. Drink it slowly.

Mizzie said...

I do need some chlorophyll. I will have to get stocked up in Tulsa from you and Heather and your magic juicers.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com