Monday, December 12, 2005

Merryish Christmas Service.

I am slowly recovering from my computer drama. It does seem like everyday there is some new thing I have to download, write new, or change.

Yesterday was the Carol Service at St. Mary's which was nice, but I was a bit jaded because they did not call me to be in the choir. I had contacted the church about a month ago about being in the choir and had an email saying sure thing and they would call me and let me when the auditions were. Next thing I know I talk to my friend Mairi and she tells me she is singing in the choir in the carol service. I have not heard a word about it. Well I was a bit upset and decided to boycott the service as a result. My conscious got the better of me and when I was asked to help with the make-up I did. A little disgruntled I showed up at the church and waited for about an hour till the actor showed up and did a Panto make-up for King Herrod. Ian saved seats in the auditorium and when I was finished with the fabulous make-up application I sat down to find my view of the stage was blocked by a christmas candle chandelier. Oh well. It was a nice service ending with a great version of Joy to the World, my favorite Christmas song. The wonderfully joyous song was ruined slightly by the boring English people next to me who had no inclination to join in the song, the clapping or even a little swaying. Note to England.....singing Joy to the World is fun! Clapping is fun. Where is your Joy?

After the service we headed to see the movie I have been most excited about this year.....The Chronicles of Narnia.....The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. We caught the 8:30 showing. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the casting. Aslan was fab, Tumnus spot on, but the kids were losers. Such pansies. And I think the boys were gay. Not that i have a problem with that, but they weren't in the book. Lucy was a good cast thank goodness she saved the show. It is worth seeing but I would recommend reading the book before you go so you will know what is going on. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

3 comments:

Studio ONE said...

You are right about Narnia. I think it would have been really great if it would have been a bit darker. Maybe even pushed it to a pg13 rating. Lucy was super cute and really great.

Anonymous said...

Wait one minute. Aren't you a professional singer and a Dove Award winner? How could they overlook that? Nevermind, you can certainly sing Christmas Carols when you get back to the States.

Believe it or not, I was in tons of Christmas Programs back when I could sing. Also played the bells in a few. Ah, the flashbacks.

Love, DAD

Emma Borlase said...

You have destroyed it for me now. I won't be able to watch Narnia without considering the pansy factor when I see the boys. They were very brave and heroic in the book... from what I remember. Ah well.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com