Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Friday Night at the Lipstick Lounge

Friday night Ian, Tom, and I decided we wanted to go out. We had a nice dinner at home and called all our Nashville friends to see if anyone wanted to join us for a big night of dancing and fun. After two phone calls we realized we don't have many Nashville friends and the ones we do have are on the road or like staying home on Friday night. Coming to grips with the fact that the big night out would just be the three of us we made a collective decision to venture to unknown territory close to home....the mythical Lipstick Lounge. Located only a few blocks from our house the Lipstick Lounge has been a source of humor and mystery in our family for a couple of years now. One desperate night about a year ago a gang of us tried to enter into the cosmetic wonderland only to get to the door and see the Lipstick Ladies were taking the night off. As Tom so eloquently put it " the Gays must have night off." Yes the Lipstick Lounge is a predominatly Gay hang out mainly for lesbians, but lots of straight folk go there too and Friday night we found out why......Rhonda and Jonda (and the Lipstick Lounge house band). Rhonda and Jonda are identical twins in their late 50's with more soul in their voices than manliness in their looks. These bleach blonde, short haired, tie wearing, white girls can sing and the band was fantastic. They were so good that after a few Gin and Tonics Tom thought he would try his luck dancing with the locals.




"Hey I'm Tom I am going to dance with these local ladies!"

Hey Ladies would you like to dance with me...Tom Redman?"



"No? Oh you would rather dance with each other? What not me? What about me?"



"Please I have come to your hang out seeking sport from the ladies. Look I will un botton my shirt for you."

She said yes! Yay! I am Tom.

3 comments:

t said...

What can I say, it was a good night!!! I liek to think I appeal to all!!

Anonymous said...

At times like this, only Haiku will do...

The horror. The fear:
Of course Tom stripped of and danced,
But where was Ian?

Mizzie said...

Ian was busy being hit on by a slurred speaking guy, putting on a fake english accent and a feminine switch.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com