Monday, March 13, 2006

Sleepover at the Aquarium


Sleepover at the Aquarium
Originally uploaded by Mizzie.
On Friday night my Mom, Max, and I stayed over at the Oklahoma Aquarium in Tulsa. Most of my friends and Ian thought I was crazy to want to spend the night in an aquarium sleeping on a concrete floor. I on the other hand saw it as a unique opportunity to spend some quality time with my Mom and Max doing something I have never done before. The evening started slow and although I had been extremely excited about it I had to try hard to stay interested in the hula dancers and bad puppet show. Thankfully they didn't last long and we started craft time making fish frames.
Max was a little ill so he surprisingly went to bed at around 8:00pm. A little disappointed Mom and walked around and looked at all the fish checking on Max often. I enjoyed the time with my Mommy. She is a fun lady. Max woke up in full effect at about 10:00pm just in time for the flash light walk through of the tanks. They turned off all the lights and we got to look in all the tanks using our flash lights. I can't believe how much I enjoyed this. I usually rush through museums and exhibits but this way I took my time and soaked it all in. Max really liked it. We finally went to sleep at about 1:00am. I did not realize how hard concrete is to sleep on. My little egg crate sponge was little defense against the hardness. I made it through with only a little bit of stiffness. At 6:30am they turned on the fish tank lights. My Mom enjoyed laying in her sleeping bag looking at the fish peacefully swimming around. We went out for breakfast avoiding the sugary sweets they provided at Breakfast By Day. By the time we got home I was exhausted. I laid down in MAx's bed while he told Melanie about the evening and woke up 4 hours later. Max stayed up all day. All in all I had a wonderful time. I hope Max remembers the night he stayed at the Aquarium with Aunt Missy and Nana.

Click on the photo to look at more on my Flickr site.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun night. I was worried Max was going to sleep all night but somehow he managed to rally. Missy thanks for staying up late with him. Somehow I managed to sleep great on the concrete floor. I think I got the best deal on foam paddding. Great night so glad you came.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com